Madison Junior High Evacuated for Smoke

Local

0  Updated at 1:52 am, May 4th, 2011 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

(REXBURG) – Hundreds of students at Madison Junior High School were evacuated yesterday after it was reported that smoke was filling one of the wings of the school. The Standard Journal reports that maintenance on the school’s heating units caused smoke and dust to fill a hall and a classroom, with no actual fire. Students were able to return to their classes after an hour.



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Moose tranquilized, moved from Idaho Falls yard

21 Feb 2017

Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com

Missing skier survives two nights in frigid weather

22 Feb 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff

UPDATE: Cargo box falls off semi-truck on U.S. 20 near Rexburg

21 Feb 2017

Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com