Child Playing With Matches Starts Apartment Fire


0  Updated at 11:38 am, October 24th, 2011 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

(IDAHO FALLS) – A four-year-old boy playing with matches started an apartment fire in Idaho Falls Saturday afternoon. Police say it happened in a basement unit on the 500 block of Hansen Street. The boy’s mother says she thought he was in the other room playing video games when the child lit a piece of paper on fire. The sparks then spread to a pile of laundry. The boy and his mother were able to escape uninjured, through there was extensive water and smoke damage. Officials say the boy will be enrolled in a fire prevention and safety program.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

Bingham County updates road closures

24 Feb 2017

Natalia Hepworth,

Two new Idaho Falls police officers sworn in

22 Feb 2017 staff

Turkish Hacker takes down Teton County website

16 Feb 2017

Jackson Adams, Teton Valley News