(PASADENA, Calif.) — Ashton Kutcher is enjoying his run on Two and a Half Men so much so that he’s open to returning to the CBS sitcom next season.
A clean-shaven Kutcher addressed his future with the hit series at the winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on Wednesday. He said he’s currently working under a “test deal” but, “would be interested in coming back if we could work that out.”
Kutcher’s current plan is to film movies during what he called a summer hiatus from Two and a Half Men.
This is Kutcher’s first season as the replacement for Charlie Sheen, who was fired last year during his feud with series creator Chuck Lorre. Lorre said Wednesday he contemplated ending the show following Sheen’s departure, but he was encouraged by others to keep it going.
He said, “It seemed like such a heartbreaking way to end, and we didn’t want to. You know, it was just like, ‘Come on, let’s see if we can keep the lights on here.'”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Lisa Respers France, CNN
Rachel Sande, EastIdahoNews.com
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com