(NEW YORK) — Big changes at The X Factor. Fox has confirmed to ABC News Radio that both host Steve Jones and judge Nicole Scherzinger will not be returning to the music talent show for a second season.
Jone broke the news of his departure on Twitter, writing, “I wont be hosting next seasons XFactor which is a shame but I cant complain as I’ve had a great time. Good luck to everyone on the show.” Jones had been criticized for his “wooden” delivery on the show.
In an interview with The Mirror on Monday, show creator Simon Cowell said of Jones, “He got a lot of stick. I don’t think he did a bad job but, like America’s Got Talent, there is a Brit limit on the show.”
A source tells E! that Scherzinger decided not to return to the show because she “wants to focus on her music career.” The source said Cowell has “given her his blessing.”
Paula Abdul may also be gone from the show. E! News reports Fox has informed Abdul that she will not be retained. A source says, “Simon wants to take the show in a different direction.” If true, only Simon and L.A. Reid would return to the judges’ panel.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Lisa Respers France, CNN
Nikki Siegel, Idaho Falls Magazine