(NEW YORK) — Donald Trump’s sons aren’t in trouble with officials in Zimbabwe for their 2011 hunting expedition in the country.
It was reported last week that local conservationsts were investigating Donald Trump Jr. and his brother Eric’s trip in part because the South African safari company that organized it allegedly is not registered in Zimbabwe.
However, the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority released a statement Tuesday saying there never was an “official investigation.” It says the firm the Trump sons used worked with a “locally owned and registered outfitter who handled all the required hunting permits.”
The authority also says the hunt was conducted under the supervision of its game rangers.
Animal lovers on Twitter criticized the Trump sons for their trip after photos of the two posing with animals they killed went viral earlier this month.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Andreas Preuss, CNN
Lorenzo Ferrigno, CNN
Susan Scutti, CNN