(LOS ANGELES) — Wrath of the Titans felt the wrath of The Hunger Games over the weekend.
For the second consecutive weekend, The Hunger Games topped the box office, earning an estimated 61.1 million dollars. The blockbuster film has raked in $251 million domestically in 10 days of release and is now the highest-grossing film of the year to date, surpassing Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax.
Wrath of the Titans, a sequel to the 2010 remake Clash of the Titans, debuted in second place, raising $34.2 million dollars. Julia Roberts’ Snow White film Mirror Mirror opened in the third spot, with $19 million.
The highly-publicized documentary Bully pulled in $115,000 in five theaters. The Weinstein Company released the film in unrated form on Friday after it unsuccessfully tried to overturn the R rating assigned to it by the Motion Picture Association of America.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Hunger Games, $61.1 million
2. Wrath of the Titans, $34.2 million
3. Mirror Mirror, $19 million
4. 21 Jump Street, $15 million
5. Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax, $8 million
6. John Carter, $2 million
7. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, $1.3 million
8. Act of Valor, $1 million
9. A Thousand Words, $915,000
10. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, $835,000
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio