Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to Top List of Youngest CEOs
(NEW YORK) -- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, turned 28 on Monday, just four days before his company is expected to have the biggest IPO ever.
Zuckerberg holds many other records for his age. Forbes lists him as the second youngest self-made billionaire in the world -- eight days older than Dustin Moskovitz, a fellow founder of Facebook. Zuckerberg is also the youngest CEO of a Fortune 1000 company to go public.
According to the digital marketing firm eMarketer, Facebook is estimated to have a global revenue of $6.1 billion in 2012, which would allow the company to join the Fortune 500. If that happens, Zuckerberg would be the youngest CEO to lead a company on the list of current Fortune 500 companies, according to the recruitment firm Korn/Ferry International.
BoardEx, self-described as a "Relationship Capital Management" solution, compiled a list CEOs running Fortune 500 companies, ranked by age.
Before Zuckerberg officially joins the list, here are the nine youngest CEOs leading large U.S. companies:
1. Lawrence (Larry) Edward Page, CEO of Google
2. William J. Lynch Jr., CEO of Barnes & Noble Inc.
3. David T. Blair, CEO of Catalyst Health Solutions Inc.
4. Heather M. Bresch, CEO of Mylan Inc.
5. Francisco D'Souza, CEO of Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
6. Theodore (Ted) A. Mathas, CEO of New York Life Insurance Co.
7. Marc N. Casper, CEO of ThermoFisher Scientific
8. Alexander (Alec) R. Cunningham, CEO of WellCare Health Plans Inc.
9. Michael Rapino, CEO of Live Nation Entertainment Inc.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio