(JACKSON, Mich.) — A Michigan teen found a finger tip in an Arby’s roast beef sandwich after he spit out a bite that he said was rubbery and hard to chew.
Ryan Hart, 14, said he ordered the sandwich last Friday at the drive-thru window of at a Jackson, Mich., Arby’s franchise.
“I was like, ‘That [has] to be a finger.’ I was about to puke. … It was just nasty,” Ryan told the Jackson Citizen Patriot.
An employee lost approximately one inch of her finger while operating a meat slicer.
Employees continued to fill orders until they were made aware of the fleshy find.
“Upon learning of the incident, the franchisee’s restaurant team shut down food production and thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the restaurant. The franchisee fully cooperated with the local Health Department, and the restaurant was given the approval to remain open,” said John Gray, vice president of communications at Arby’s, in a statement.
Gray said Arby’s is investigating the event and has been in touch with its 66,000 employees to reinforce safety protocols.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Tara Bench, KSL.com
Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com
David Goldman, CNN
Parija Kavilanz, CNN