• Wed 50°F / 34°F

Canadian TV Chef Anthony Sedlack Dead at 29

Food Network Canada / Scripps Networks(VANCOUVER) -- No foul play is suspected in the death of Anthony Sedlak, an award-winning Canadian celebrity chef and television host, North Vancouver police said today. He was 29.

Sedlak, the host of Food Network Canada’s The Main and a judge on Family Cook Off, was found dead Friday in his North Vancouver apartment at about 7 p.m. PT. The exact time of death is still to be determined.

Sedlak’s representative Pamela Singh told ABC News that she was unaware of any health problems in his past. She said that more information regarding his death will be available later this week.

The North Vancouver police confirmed to ABC News that there will be no criminal investigation. It is unclear whether an autopsy will be beneficial to the investigation, a representative for the British Columbia Coroners Service said today.

Kevin Porter, the general manager of the Toronto Don Valley Hotel & Suites, had been working with Sedlak on reinventing the restaurants and room service menus at the hotels for the past four months. He said Sedlak had displayed no sign of health problems.

A statement from the Sedlak family thanks his fans for their love and condolences. A private funeral service will be held for Sedlak in Vancouver.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.