(POCATELLO) – A vacant house caught fire in Pocatello Thursday morning after the power was turned back on. Investigators say a malfunctioning ceiling fan sparked a fire in bathroom, a master bedroom, and the attic. The home on Shasta Street had been foreclosed and a bank was restoring the power in preparation to put it back on the market. Officials caution that power restorations are often dangerous in homes left vacant for an extended period of time.
Bill Schiess, EastIdahoNews.com Columnist
Robert Boyd, KSTU
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com