Still a Mystery: Coroner Changes Natalie Wood’s Death Certificate
(LOS ANGELES) -- The death certificate of actress Natalie Wood has been changed from "accident" to "undetermined," TMZ reports. The change was filed late last month by the Los Angeles County Coroner.
Family members of Wood said L.A. County detectives made them aware of the change Friday morning. They told TMZ that law enforcement officials involved with the investigation, which has been reopened, can't prove whether Wood's death was accidental or the result of foul play. Investigators also said, according to TMZ, that Wood's death was the result of drowning, but they are uncertain of how she ended up in the water.
Wood's death on November 29, 1981 after partying on a boat with actors Robert Wagner and Christoper Walken was initially ruled as an accident. Now detectives say some of the bruises on her body are inconsistent with drowning.
Wood's death is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio