(NEW YORK) — The Dark Knight Rises did not fall out of the top spot at the box office over the weekend.
The Batman sequel earned an estimated $36.4 million to reach number one for the third weekend in a row. It has now made about $355 million at the domestic box office.
The weekend’s two new releases fared well, too. The Total Recall remake, starring Colin Farrell, debuted in second place, with $26 million, and the family-friendly sequel Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days opened in the third spot, with $14.7 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Dark Knight Rises, $36.4 million
2. Total Recall, $26 million
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, $14.7 million
4. Ice Age: Continental Drift, $8.4 million
5. The Watch, $6.35 million
6. Ted, $5.5 million
7. Step Up Revolution, $5.7 million
8. The Amazing Spider-Man, $4.3 million
9. Brave, $2.9 million
10. Magic Mike, $1.4 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com
Sarah Bringhurst, OK.com