(NEW YORK) — A Los Angeles judge on Wednesday denied a request by prosecutors to set bail at 50 thousand dollars for Amanda Bynes in connection with her DUI case.
According to E! Online, prosecutors argued that bail should be imposed on the actress because she is a safety risk to others on the road, citing the two hit-and-run charges she currently faces. But the judge noted that those incidents occurred before Bynes’ driver’s license was suspended.
The decision means Bynes remains free, without having to post bail.
Bynes did not appear in court for the hearing. A trial date has been set for October 29.
The judge reiterated to Bynes’ lawyer on Wednesday that the 26-year-old Easy A star should not drive while her license is suspended.
Bynes’ license was suspended last month after being charged in connection with two hit-and-run incidents, which allegedly occurred in April and August.
Bynes was arrested for DUI on April 6, four days before the first alleged hit-and-run accident.
Speaking to People magazine on Wednesday, Bynes said she is “doing amazing,” adding, “I am not talking about being arrested for DUI because I don’t drink, and I don’t drink and drive. It is all false.”
TMZ.com reports that Bynes’ parents have moved from Texas to California to help their daughter, but E! News denies the story. Its source says the actress’ mother and father have lived in California for “a long time.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Michael Pearson, CNN Newswire
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com