(NEW YORK) — The National Hockey League announced Friday that all games through November are cancelled, ending all hopes of preserving an 82-game season.
This is the third round of cancellations since the lockout began last month.
Last week, the league canceled all games through November 1 after the NHL and NHLPA had a discouraging proposal swapping session.
While there is still a possibility that games will be played this year, it may not be enough for the annual Winter Classic to take place.
The annual outdoor game could be canceled as early as next week if there is still a lack of meaningful dialouge between the two sides.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Friday that the NHL accepts “that there is joint responsibility in collective bargaining” and “deeply regrets having to take this action.”
Daly also estimated that the total loss on revenue for the season through November 30th would be $720 million.
Commissioner Gary Bettman said that negotiations moving forward were likely to become more difficult, with no current offer on the table from the NHLPA.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio.
Mike Price, EastIdahoNews.com
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com