• Sat 87°F / 51°F

Notre Dame Quarterback Everett Golson Expected on Field Versus BYU

Streeter Lecka/Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson is expected by the school to play in the team's game Saturday versus BYU. Golson, who suffered a concussion in the Irish's 20-13 overtime victory over Stanford last Saturday, was unable to practice Tuesday because he didn't pass the computer portion of a cognitive test.

Before Golson is allowed to practice he must pass the test. Still Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly thinks the redshirt freshman is close to coming back.

"I would say that if Everett Golson was a guy that you knew, you would know when he's ready," Kelly said Tuesday. "When he's smiling and bouncing around -- we're seeing that yesterday and today, so we're seeing great progress."

For now Kelly says quarterback Tommy Rees will see about 60 percent of the snaps in practice and Andrew Hendrix will receive the other 40 percent.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.