(NEW YORK) — Liam Neeson has taken the box office crown for the second week in a row.
His thriller, Taken 2, remains in first place after earning an estimated $22.5 million over the weekend. It topped the Ben Affleck drama Argo, which premiered in the runner-up spot, with $20.1 million.
The new horror flick Sinister, starring Ethan Hawke, rounded out the top three, raising $18.3 million.
The Kevin James comedy Here Comes the Boom premiered in fifth place, with $12 million, and Seven Psychopaths bowed in ninth place, with $4.3 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. Taken 2, $22.5 million
2. Argo, $20.1 million
3. Sinister, $18.3 million
4. Hotel Transylvania, $17.3 million
5. Here Comes the Boom, $12 million
6. Pitch Perfect, $9.3 million
7. Frankenweenie, $7 million
8. Looper, $6.3 million
9. Seven Psychopaths, $4.3 million
10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, $2.2 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Adam Forsgren, EastIdahoNews.com
Sarah Bringhurst, OK.com