Union Pacific Locomotive Catches Fire


 

 

 

 

(POCATELLO) – A Union Pacific Railroad Locomotive caught fire Friday morning while passing through the Cheyenne Crossing in Pocatello. Fire crews from three agencies were called to the scene. Investigators say the fire started when a spark ignited residue on the locomotive’s exhaust system. Railroad workers were able to suppress the flames until firefighters arrived. The train did not sustain any significant damage and was allowed to continue southbound following the incident. 

 

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.