(NEW YORK) — The National Hockey League announced Friday that it cancelled all games up to Dec. 14, and the 2013 All-Star game in Columbus, as talks with the NHLPA continue to stall.
“The reality of losing more regular-season games as well as the 2013 NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus is extremely disappointing,” said NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement.
The lockout has now cost the league 34.3 percent of the 2012-13 season. It is speculated that the next cancellation will be the entire season.
The decision comes after the new proposal the union made to the NHL Wednesday was shot down.
NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said in a statement Friday that the gap between the two sides on “core economic issues is $182 million.”
The players are now considering decertification, a move both NBA and NFL players used in their labor disputes last year.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com