• Mon 74°F / 43°F

Cell Phone Charger Cause of House Fire


(IDAHO FALLS) – A faulty cell phone charger is believed to be what sparked a house fire in Bonneville County Monday night.

Local News 8 reports the fire started at a home on the 500 block of North Farnsworth Drive in Iona.

The homeowner arrived at the house to find it filled with smoke.

Crews worked to isolate the flames in a back bedroom, where the charger was plugged into an outlet.

Damages are estimated at around $50,000.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.