(NEW YORK) — From raising one of the most famous babies in Hollywood to a new $50 million endorsement deal with Pepsi, it seems as if Beyonce can do it all, and all at the same time. Since her early days with Destiny’s Child, the 31-year-old hasn’t stopped pushing her way to the top.
The singer opened up to GQ about what she’s learned and how she does it all.
1. She deserves her success.
“I’ve sacrificed a lot of things, and I’ve worked harder than probably anyone I know, at least in the music industry. So I just have to remind myself that I deserve it,” she said.
2. She approaches her shows like an athlete.
“You know how they sit down and watch whoever they’re going to play and study themselves? That’s how I treat this. I watch my performances, and I wish I could just enjoy them, but I see the light that was late. I see, ‘Oh God, that hair did not work.’ Or ‘I should never do that again.’ I try to perfect myself.”
3. She has a Beyonce archive. The singer keeps a record of almost every existing photograph, interview, video and video diary she’s ever made.
4. Her career is more than important to her. It’s a necessity.
“I love my job, but it’s more than that: I need it,” she said. “Because before I gave birth, it was the only time in my life, all throughout my life, that I was lost.”
5. She believes women should be financially independent from their men.
“Let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show,” she said. “It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.”
6. She loses herself on stage.
“It’s like a blackout,” she said. “When I’m onstage, I don’t know what the crap happens. I am gone.”
7. She knows she’s got power.
“I’m more powerful than my mind can even digest and understand,” she said.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
Adam Forsgren, EastIdahoNews.com