(AMMON, ID) — The City of Ammon will be plowing residential streets tonight (Friday) and remind residents to have their vehicles off the streets by 11pm. Here is a reminder of the Snow Proclamation for the City of Ammon:
CITY OF AMMON
DECLARING A SNOW PROCLAMATION
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Steve Fuhriman, Mayor, acting under the power vested in
me under City of Ammon City Code, Title 9, Chapter 9, Section 3 (9‐9‐3), and any other
applicable statutes and ordinances, do hereby proclaim and declare the City of Ammon, Idaho,
to be under a snow proclamation order and declare that the following rules governing snow
removal and parking shall be in effect from December 15, 2012 through March 15,
1. No person shall stop, stand, or park a motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or equipment
on the streets of the City between the hours of 11PM and 7AM on any day.
2. Any motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or equipment parked upon any public street in
violation of this ordinance may be removed at any time at the direction of the City
Engineer or his appointed designee and may be towed to and stored in any public or
private storage lot without prior notice to the owner or operator of the vehicle.
3. The owner or operator of any motor vehicle, motorcycle, trailer, or equipment towed,
removed, or stored pursuant to the preceding section shall be responsible for all
reasonable towing, removal, and storage charges of the private towing company. Such
charges shall be paid to the private towing company before the vehicle, motorcycle,
trailer, or equipment is released.
4. It shall be unlawful for any person to move snow from private property onto or across
the road right of ways within the City.
5. When there has been an accumulation of 3” or more of snow in the previous 12 hours,
any utility customer in any residence with a City of Ammon supplied garbage can(s) shall
not place garbage cans on the side of the road for pickup before 7:00 a.m.
6. Pursuant to the provisions of Title 9, Chapter 9, Section 9 (9‐9‐9), penalties of said
chapter and this proclamation shall constitute an infraction and shall be punishable by
penalties set forth in Title 1, Chapter 4, Section 2 (1‐4‐2) of the Ammon City Code
providing a maximum penalty of $100.00 per violation plus court costs.
7. The above penalty shall be in addition to any applicable towing fees charged by any
Millie Behra, FamilyShare
James Hanlon, CNN
Tana Bolinger, FamilyShare