• Thu 89°F / 53°F

Fire Restarts in Jefferson County Home


(JEFFERSON COUNTY) – A Sunday afternoon fire in a Jefferson County home restarted Monday.

Authorities say Sunday’s blaze started because of faulty wiring in a ceiling fan on the first floor of the home. Smoke then filled the second floor.

The house was unoccupied at the time because the family was at church, only to return to find their house engulfed in smoke.

Crews returned to the home Monday because there hot spots still smoldering in the insulation.

Damages are estimated at around $200,000.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.