(NEW YORK) — Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been released from the hospital following treatment for a blood clot in her head, the State Department confirmed on Wednesday.
In a statement, Deputy Assistant Secretary Philippe Reines said the hospital released Sec. Clinton Wednesday evening after her medical team assured her that she was “making good progress on all fronts.” Clinton’s physicians are confident that she will make a full recovery, the statement said.
The State Department added that Clinton is eager to return to work, and expressed appreciation on behalf of the Clinton family for the “excellent care she received from the doctors, nurses and staff” at New York Presbyterian.
State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters on Wednesday that the secretary has been “quite active on the phone,” working from the hospital, regularly speaking to State Department staff.
Clinton’s daughter Chelsea tweeted her own message of appreciation Wednesday.
“Grateful my Mom discharged from the hospital & is heading home,” read the message posted Wednesday to Chelsea Clinton’s Twitter profile. “Even more grateful her medical team confident she’ll make a full recovery.”
Last Sunday, Secretary Clinton was admitted for treatment of a blood clot in her head that developed following a concussion she sustained earlier this month after fainting from illness.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio