NFL Playoff Game Tops Weekly Nielsens
(NEW YORK) -- The 2013 Golden Globe Awards may have enjoyed the ceremony’s highest ratings in six years, but it was unable to top the weekly Nielsens ratings chart.
The most-watched primetime program for the week ending Sunday was Fox’s broadcast of the San Francisco 49ers-Green Bay Packers NFL playoff game. It drew nearly 31 million viewers on Saturday night.
NBC’s broadcast of the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night ranks fourth on the list, with an audience of 19.7 million.
CBS won the network ratings race for the week, followed by Fox, NBC, ABC, Univision, Telemundo, ION Television and the CW.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of Jan. 7-13, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NFC Playoff Game: Green Bay at San Francisco, Fox, 30.89 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 21.11 million
3. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 20 million
4. Golden Globe Awards, NBC, 19.69 million
5. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 17.9 million
6. Person of Interest, CBS, 15.67 million
7. Two and a Half Men, CBS, 14.4 million
8. 60 Minutes, CBS, 14.05 million
9. Modern Family, ABC, 12.04 million
10. Elementary, CBS, 11.48 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio