(NEW YORK) — It’s been 31 years since Sylvester Stallone first starred as Rambo – but he’s still kicking butt on the big screen. The 66-year-old action star stopped by Tuesday’s Good Morning America to talk about his latest action flick, Bullet to the Head, which hits theaters Friday.
“I wanted to do a buddy film but it’s really not a buddy film. I hate this guy. He hates me, therefore we call it anti-buddy film,” Stallone said on why he chose the project. “And Walter Hill, who’s a great director. He was the key. I wanted to work with these people while they’re still in their creative state.”
Stallone’s also about to return to his Rocky roots, co-starring with Robert De Niro in the upcoming film, Grudge Match.
“It’s going to be amazing and so far I’ve never had so much fun,” Stallone says of the boxing film. “And he and I get in the ring and we get it on.”
“Most guys when they fight they’re a combined age of like, 41,” Stallone adds. “We’re like, 135, but — we’re just kids with arthritis. We really are. We’re ready to go for it.”
Bullet to the Head premieres this Friday.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio