Oprah Winfrey Named Most Influential Celebrity by “Forbes”
(NEW YORK) -- Oprah Winfrey isn't just a mega-successful TV mogul. She's also influential and compassionate.
The former daytime talk show host has been named the most influential celebrity in America in a Forbes list compiled with the help of E-Poll Research.
The OWN cable network executive received an influential rating of 48 percent, meaning 48 percent of the population believes she is influential.
E-Poll Research's E-Score Celebrity service ranked more than 7,500 stars based on 46 attributes. In Winfrey's case, her most notable attribute was "compassionate."
Lincoln director Steven Spielberg trails Winfrey with an influential rating of 47 percent. Another director, Martin Scorsese, is third, at 42 percent.
The average percentage for a celebrity is 11 percent.
Here are the top 10 celebrities on the list, with their influential rating and notable attribute:
1. Oprah Winfrey, 48%, Compassionate
2. Steven Spielberg, 47%, Interesting
3. Martin Scorsese, 42%, Dynamic
4. Ron Howard, 41%, Down To Earth
5. George Lucas, 41%, Trend-Setter
6. Mehmet Oz, 40%, Good Energy
7. Barbara Walters, 37%, Classy
8. Bono (U2 frontman), 37%, Activist
9. Suze Orman, 37%, Good Energy
10. Clint Eastwood, 36%, Unique
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio