(NEW YORK) — Oz the Great and Powerful held strong at number one at the weekend box office. The Wizard of Oz semi-prequel earned an estimated $42.2 million to top the competition for the second weekend in a row.
Halle Berry’s thriller The Call debuted in the runner-up spot, collecting $17.1 million.
The magic-themed comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, starring Steve Carell and Jim Carrey, opened in third place, with $10.3 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Oz the Great and Powerful, $42.2 million
2. The Call, $17.1 million
3. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, $10.3 million
4. Jack the Giant Slayer, $6.2 million
5. Identity Thief, $4.5 million
6. Snitch, $3.5 million
7. 21 and Over, $2.6 million
8. Silver Linings Playbook, $2.6 million
9. Safe Haven, $2.5 million
10. Escape From Planet Earth, $2.3 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com