Coroner Points to Carbon Monoxide For Deaths

carbon monoxide


(OROFINO, ID) – A coroner in northern Idaho is pointing to carbon monoxide as the cause of five deaths in Orofino last weekend.Clearwater County Coroner Will Rambeau says a slow burning fire allowed carbon monoxide to fill the home, killing two adults, three teenagers, and two dogs in their sleep. At least two smoke detectors were found in the residence, though it is likely that neither had a working battery. The blaze was caused by an overloaded power cord on the front porch, where an electric grill was plugged into an outlet.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.