“Glee” Actor Cory Monteith Will Miss Season’s Final Two Episodes
(LOS ANGELES) -- Glee actor Cory Monteith will not appear in the final two episodes of the Fox show's current season, as he seeks treatment for substance addiction.
Deadline.com reports that the absence of Monteith's character, Finn, in those episodes will be explained. The episodes have yet to be shot.
A statement obtained by Deadline from 20th Century Fox Television, which produces the musical dramedy, reads, "Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment."
The statement adds, "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
After Monteith's rep revealed Sunday night that the actor had checked into rehab, Monteith's girlfriend, Glee co-star Lea Michele, released a statement of support. A number of other actors from the show have since followed suit on Twitter. Here's a sample:
- Amber Riley: "I support you big bro, love you to life. So proud of you @CoryMonteith get well soon."
- Chris Colfer: "Anyone who helps themselves is a hero in my book."
- Kevin McHale: "Love u @CoryMonteith, so proud of you :)"
- Harry Shum Jr.: "Supporting @CoryMonteith for his courageous decision. Get well soon my friend! Proud of you!"
- Jenna Ushkowitz: "Sending lots of love and light to @CoryMonteith. We love you."
- Dot-Marie Jones: "@CoryMonteith SWEETEST MAN SO PROUD OF YOU TAKING CARE OF YOU. WE ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS, STAY STRONG."
- Ryan Murphy (Glee co-creator): "I am so proud of Cory Monteith and love and support him 100%."
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio