(NEW YORK) – Michael Bay’s Pain & Gain took the top spot at the box office this weekend, drawing in $20 million.
Oblivion fell 53 percent from its debut last week and came in second with $17.4 million. The Big Wedding, an R-rated comedy aimed at older audiences debuted in fourth place.
The weekend marked the final weekend before the summer movie season begins in earnest. Disney’s Iron Man 3 opens on Friday, May 3.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Pain & Gain, $20 million
2. Oblivion, $17.4 million
3. 42, $10 million
4. The Big Wedding, $7.5 million
5. The Croods, $6.6 million
6. G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $3.6 million
7. Scary Movie 5, $3.45 million
8. Olympus Has Fallen, $2.77 million
9. The Place Beyond the Pines, $2.7 million
10. Jurassic Park 3-D, $2.3 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Adam Forsgren EastIdahoNews.com Columnist
Koster Kennard, Deseret News
Lisa Respers France, CNN
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com