“The Voice” Draws Season-Best Audience with Battle Rounds Episode
(NEW YORK) -- NBC's The Voice launched the battle round phase of its competition Monday night, and attracted its biggest audience of the season to date.
The first night of the battle rounds, featuring guest mentors such as Sheryl Crow and Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott, was seen by 14.29 million viewers, according to Deadline.com.
The previous Monday, The Voice took a backseat to the NCAA men's basketball championship telecast on CBS. The Louisville Cardinals' victory over the Michigan Wolverines drew the biggest audience of any primetime program last week: 23.43 million viewers.
CBS won the network ratings race for last week, followed by Fox, ABC, NBC, Univision, Telemundo, ION Television and the CW.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of April 8-14, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. NCAA Men's Basketball Championship: Louisville vs. Michigan, CBS, 23.43 million
2. NCIS, CBS, 17.22 million
3. NCIS: Los Angeles, CBS, 14.1 million
4. The Voice (Monday), NBC, 14.03 million
5. The Voice (Tuesday), NBC, 13.31 million
6. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 13.19 million
7. Dancing with the Stars, ABC, 13.15 million
8. 60 Minutes, CBS, 12.62 million
9. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 12.23 million
10. Dancing with the Stars Results Show, ABC, 12.13 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio