(NEW YORK) — Fast and Furious 6 was tops at the box office for the second straight weekend, collecting $34.5 million in ticket sales. In just ten days of release, the film has grossed more than $480 million worldwide.
The Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo magic crime caper movie Now You See Me debuted in second place with more than $28 million in gross revenue.
The premiere of the Will Smith/Jaden Smith sci-fi adventure, After Earth, finished in third place with $27 million in revenue, a disappointing result, according to industry observers. After Earth was directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
The 3D animated movie Epic tied for fourth place with Star Trek: Into Darkness. Both films had $16.4 million in ticket sales.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Fast & Furious 6, $34.5 million
2. Now You See Me, $28.05 million
3. After Earth, $27 million
4. Epic and Star Trek: Into Darkness, tie $16.4 million
6. The Hangover Part III, $15.9 million
7. The Great Gatsby, $6.3 million
8. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, $1.6 million
9. Mud, $1.2 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio