Home Burns in Ammon

Local

0  Updated at 10:08 am, June 3rd, 2013 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

battery fire

(AMMON, ID) – An Ammon home suffered major smoke damage during a fire early Friday. Crews responded to the scene on the 3600 block of Samuel Street at around 6 a.m. Investigators believe the fire started when rechargeable batteries that were plugged into an outlet overheated and exploded. The fire, which started in a back room, quickly filled other parts of the home with smoke. The homeowner was able to make it out safely.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

Flooding leads to road closures in Jefferson County

21 Feb 2017

Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com

Turkish Hacker takes down Teton County website

16 Feb 2017

Jackson Adams, Teton Valley News

Mama Dragon Debbie Glenn to speak at ISU tomorrow

15 Feb 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff

Missing skier survives two nights in frigid weather

22 Feb 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff