Man Hurt in House Fire

Local

0  Updated at 10:33 am, June 24th, 2013 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

house-fire_medium

(IDAHO FALLS, ID) – An Idaho Falls man was briefly hospitalized following a house fire Friday night.  Fire officials say Mike Baler is lucky to be alive after he escaped the fire at his home on the 2800 block of East 97th North. The fire, which started in the garage, was likely caused by an ATV battery that was being charged. Baler suffered second-degree burns during the blaze, which was difficult to contain because of propane tanks stored in the garage. The home was a complete loss. Damages are estimated at around $250,000.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

City of Idaho Falls lift snow removal parking restrictions

14 Jan 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff

Camera captures elusive wolverine in Idaho

16 Jan 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff

Rexburg woman arrested on computer fraud, drug charges

19 Jan 2017

Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com

Idaho Falls man booked on second degree murder

15 Jan 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff