Man Hurt in House Fire


0  Updated at 10:33 am, June 24th, 2013 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story


(IDAHO FALLS, ID) – An Idaho Falls man was briefly hospitalized following a house fire Friday night.  Fire officials say Mike Baler is lucky to be alive after he escaped the fire at his home on the 2800 block of East 97th North. The fire, which started in the garage, was likely caused by an ATV battery that was being charged. Baler suffered second-degree burns during the blaze, which was difficult to contain because of propane tanks stored in the garage. The home was a complete loss. Damages are estimated at around $250,000.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

Grammy-Nominated Country Duo to Perform in Idaho Falls During Eclipse

24 Feb 2017 staff

Hundreds gather for American Dog Derby centennial in Ashton

19 Feb 2017

Natalia Hepworth,