(IDAHO FALLS, ID) – A new research facility on University Boulevard in Idaho Falls had to be evacuated Tuesday afternoon after a chemical spill. Officials say a 55-gallon drum filled with sulphuric acid broke open while it was being moved. The acid leaked below the basement, but has not come into contact with the city’s water supply, which would cause lethal fumes. One person was hospitalized during the incident with non-life-threatening burns to his arm.
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com
Ruth Brown, EastIdahoNews.com
Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com