Neiman Marcus Unveils Christmas Book Fantasy Gifts
0 Updated at 3:47 am, October 9th, 2013 By: ABC Digital EastIdahoNews.com
Joe Raedle/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — If you have an extra $150,000 laying around, and you know a falcon companion set is exactly what your beau is hoping for this holiday season, Neiman Marcus has you covered. The department store’s 87th fantasy Christmas gift guide has once-in-a-lifetime presents for those who truly have everything.
For those who don’t have everything and can’t afford to participate in the sport of kings, 40 percent of the 500 gifts in the catalog are priced under $250. There’s even a monogrammed mug available for $12.
Here’s a rundown of the retailer’s latest unique gifts in its 2013 Christmas Book:
- Bespoke Global Falconry Companion, $150,000: This companion set has everything you need for the next time you take out your pet falcon, including a walnut table and chairs, a gold perch for your bird, a decanter, cigar carrying case, backgammon board, and falcon fashion accessories.
- Neiman Marcus 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Volante, $344,500: Get your James Bond on with one of only 10 Aston Martins for Neiman Marcus. The naturally aspirated 6.0-liter, V-12 engine produces some 565 horsepower with 45 pound-feet of torque that reaches 180-plus mph.
- Ultimate Outdoor Entertainment System, $1,500,000-$2,640,000: Pimp out your backyard with a television that stores itself underground and with the click of a button, emerges into a 201” C SEED screen with DirecTV and a library of over 300 movies and concerts. Two Apple mini iPads serve as remotes.
- ForeverMark Ultimate Diamond Experience, $1,850,000: For the ultimate in experience gifts, the ForeverMark Ultimate Diamond Experience starts at the De Beers headquarters in London to claim and name your 25-carat diamond and ends in Namibia to learn about ethical diamond sourcing. Finally, return to the U.S. to design a ring with your new purchase.
- The Glass House Experience, $30,000: Take a trip to New Canaan, Conn., for the weekend with 10 of your closest friends to explore architect Philip Johnson’s entirely glass house. Gain access to 14 architectural structures, a modern art and sculpture collection, private library, and 49 acres of landscaped grounds.
- Jeff Koons’ Dom Pérignon Balloon Venus, $20,000: This original Jeff Koons sculpture, modeled after the Dom Pérignon Rosé Vintage 2003, “represents the link between past, present, and future vintages of Dom Pérignon, as well as the continuity of the human experience symbolized by Venus,” according to the artist himself.
- Ciclotte, $11,000: Forget SoulCycle, this luxury cycling bike modeled after an 1800s unicycle is the latest in spinning. There are 12 levels of resistance and adjustable carbon-fiber handles.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Images in the news