(LOS ANGELES) — Kim Kardashian came under fire this week after it was revealed her charity clothes auction was giving 10 percent of the proceeds to charity.
The starlet is auctioning off thousands of dollars worth of clothing and accessories on EBay to support the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
“The proceeds will go directly to the communities they’re serving in the Philippines and will help typhoon survivors get access to medical care and ultimately save lives,” wrote Kardashian on her Celebuzz blog on Thursday. “My prayers and thoughts are with those affected by the typhoon.”
Tweeters scolded Kim for taking 90 percent of the cash and leaving only 10 percent for the typhoon victims.
The proceeds benefit International Medical Corps a humanitarian nonprofit organization that provides health care training and medical relief programs to those in need.
The EBay auction will continue through Dec. 1.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Jackie Wattles, CNN
Brian Stelter, CNN
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com