(NEW YORK) — Country music fans following Jason Aldean‘s cryptic clues on Twitter alluding to a major announcement finally have their answer.
The Grammy-nominated singer chose ABC’s Good Morning America to announce that he is launching a new tour this year that will take him to baseball stadiums across the country.
“This year I wanted to make a big announcement and I actually partnered up with Major League Baseball to kick off a new tour,” Aldean said on GMA Thursday. “It’s called the ‘Burn it Down Tour.’”
Aldean, 36, first told his Twitter followers earlier this month to expect a big announcement, tweeting photo clues that ranged from matches to fire to a sandwich to a photo of Screech from Saved by the Bell.
Aldean said on GMA that he won’t be releasing a full lineup of his tour stops, instead just announcing them “periodically throughout the year.”
“I think it’s going to be a total of about 50 shows on this tour,” he said.
The partnership with MLB holds special meaning for the singer, who had dreams of becoming a professional baseball player before his music career took off.
“At one point, I kind of thought that was going to be my career path,” the Macon, Ga., native said. “The problem is I didn’t have any power.”
Aldean’s power over country music continues to reign as his latest CD, Night Train, is nominated for Best Country Album at next month’s Grammy awards. Aldean also has 8.5 million records sold and 12 No. 1 hits under his belt, as well as the title of CMT’s “Artist of the Year” for four years running.
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com