• Wed 97°F / 58°F

Schools Helping Kids Cope With Loss


counseling

(POCATELLO, ID) – Administrators at two Pocatello schools are helping students deal with the loss of two classmates. Fourteen-year-old Keegan Parrish was a student at Highland High School, while 12-year-old Liam Parrish attended Franklin Middle School. Both boys died over the weekend as a result of a carbon monoxide leak that also took the lives of their parents. Grieving students are being encouraged to speak with school counselors as part of an effort to help ease the emotional impact of the event. Investigators believe a faulty water heater caused the leak. Carbon monoxide poisoning takes the lives of nearly 150 Americans every year.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.