Schools Helping Kids Cope With Loss


0  Updated at 9:53 am, February 25th, 2014 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story


(POCATELLO, ID) – Administrators at two Pocatello schools are helping students deal with the loss of two classmates. Fourteen-year-old Keegan Parrish was a student at Highland High School, while 12-year-old Liam Parrish attended Franklin Middle School. Both boys died over the weekend as a result of a carbon monoxide leak that also took the lives of their parents. Grieving students are being encouraged to speak with school counselors as part of an effort to help ease the emotional impact of the event. Investigators believe a faulty water heater caused the leak. Carbon monoxide poisoning takes the lives of nearly 150 Americans every year.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

Warm weather and rain continues to cause flooding across Idaho

11 Feb 2017

Josh Friesen, Idaho State Journal

BBB warns of online fashion scams

20 Feb 2017 staff