• Wed 80°F / 49°F

Kitchen Fire Prompts Building Evacuation


fire-graphic_jpg_475x310_q85

(POCATELLO, ID) – The Pocatello Fire Department responded to a fire at the Pocatello-Chubbuck School District Office building Thursday.   The fire started Thursday morning in the kitchen, and has been linked to an oven malfunction. The building was evacuated shortly after 10 a.m., but workers were allowed to return later in the day. Officials temporarily shut off power to the building as a precaution. The fire also caused delays to the summer lunch program. One person was treated for smoke inhalation, but no other injuries were reported.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.