(NEW YORK) — Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles topped the box office in its opening weekend, joined by action thriller Into the Storm.
Director Jonathan Liebesman’s latest film featuring the talking turtles brought in an estimated $65 million, followed by Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, which was booted from last week’s number one spot to second place.
Into the Storm rounded out the top three, followed by new drama The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring Helen Mirren. Both films also made their debut this past week.
Here are the top ten films of the weekend according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: $65 million
2. Guardians of the Galaxy: $41.531 million
3. Into the Storm: $18.015 million
4. The Hundred-Foot Journey: $11.123 million
5. Lucy: $9.331 million
6. Step Up All In: $6.575 million
7. Hercules: $5.7 million
8. Get On Up: $5.012 million
9. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: $4.4 million
10. Planes: Fire & Rescue: $2.419 million
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio