Gas Leak Causes House Evacuation in Pocatello


Share This Story

(POCATELLO) – A construction accident left a broken gas line in Pocatello yesterday, evacuating a number of homes and blocking a street. Local News 8 reports that a man was digging up stumps with a backhoe in a vacant lot on Henderson Lane when he hit a two-inch plastic gas line. Fortunately no one was injured in the incident, even after firefighters found that the backhoe was still running. Witnesses reported hearing the leak from several hundred feet away, though crews were able to have the line back up and running within a few hours.

Respond to this story