(NEW YORK) — The Liam Neeson thriller The Grey earned enough green at the box office over the weekend to debut in first place. The film collected an estimated $20 million.
The previous box office champ, Underworld: Awakening, dropped to the runner-up spot, having raised $12.5 million. The Katherine Heigl action-comedy One for the Money opened in third place, with $10.4 million, and the new thriller Man on a Ledge landed in fourth place, with $8.3 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Grey, $20 million.
2. Underworld: Awakening, $12.5 million.
3. One for the Money, $11.8 million.
4. Red Tails, $10.4 million.
5. Man on a Ledge, $8.3 million.
6. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, $7.1 million.
7. The Descendants, $6.6 million.
8. Contraband, $6.5 million.
9. Beauty and the Beast, $5.3 million.
10. Haywire, $4 million.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com
Madison Park, Keith Allen and Andreas Preuss, CNN
Eric Levenson, CNN