Man Works for 24 Hours without Realizing He Had a Nail in His Brain
By: ABC Digital
(CHICAGO) — Thirty-two-year-old Dante Autullo was working with a nail gun at his home in suburban Chicago when he misfired, causing a nail to go whizzing past his head, or so he thought. Mr. Autullo had actually just shot himself in the head with a 3 1/2 inch nail. He didn’t realize it and proceeded to continue working, spending more than a day with the nail stuck in his brain.
After experiencing nausea and headaches the next day, Mr. Autullo went to the hospital, where an X-ray uncovered the nail. Both Mr. Autullo and his family were flabbergasted. “Un-freaking-believable,” his fiancee Gail Glaenzer said to the Naperville Sun.
“They were shocked because he was walking and talking, and he had it in for 36 hours,” Autullo’s mother, Jerri Autullo told the Sun. “I hoped that it wasn’t going to be as bad as it looked.”
Autullo was taken to Christ Medical Center, where he had surgery on Thursday morning. He’s recovering there today, eager to get back to work.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio