Lindsay Lohan ‘OK’ After 911 Call
(LOS ANGELES) — Initial reports suggesting that Lindsay Lohan was hospitalized after being found unconscious in a hotel in Marina Del Ray, California are untrue, according to the actress’ rep.
It had been reported that the actress was taken by paramedics to a hospital after she was discovered in the penthouse of the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Marina Del Ray, where she’s filming the Lifetime movie Liz & Dick, about the late Elizabeth Taylor. A call was made to the L.A. County fire department at around 10:15 in the morning on Friday, according to KABC-TV, but that call appears to have been an overreaction on the part of the movie’s producers.
Lindsay’s rep denies that the actress was ever unconscious or that she was hospitalized. He told ABC News in a statement, “Lindsay worked a grueling schedule the past few days. She was on set last night at 7 pm and worked through the night until 8 am this morning. She took a nap before shooting her final scene. Producers were concerned when she did not come out of her room and called paramedics as a precaution.”
The rep continued, “Lindsay was examined and is fine, but did suffer some exhaustion and dehydration. Lindsay was never taken to a hospital; reports to the contrary are false. She is resting now and is hoping to be back on set later this afternoon.”
The L.A. County Fire Department told ABC News that the “ticket for the incident was closed,” which means the person — in this case, Lohan — refused the offer to go to the hospital, or that the situation was handled by paramedics at the scene. The L.A. County Sheriff’s office told ABC News, “She’s OK as far as we know.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio