Power Restoration Ignites Vacant Pocatello Home

Local

0  Updated at 2:53 pm, July 13th, 2012 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

(POCATELLO) – A vacant house caught fire in Pocatello Thursday morning after the power was turned back on.  Investigators say a malfunctioning ceiling fan sparked a fire in bathroom, a master bedroom, and the attic. The home on Shasta Street had been foreclosed and a bank was restoring the power in preparation to put it back on the market. Officials caution that power restorations are often dangerous in homes left vacant for an extended period of time.



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Hay bale spill causes traffic delays on U.S. 20

22 May 2017

Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com

World reels from massive cyberattack that hit nearly 100 countries

13 May 2017

Selena Larson and Samuel Burke, CNN

BYU-Idaho’s new Agricultural Science Center opens

19 May 2017

Mike Price, EastIdahoNews.com