“The Amazing Spider-Man” Debuts on Top with $65 Million
(NEW YORK) — Spider-Man’s debut at the box office was simply amazing.
The Amazing Spider-Man was the easy winner over the weekend, earning an estimated $65 million. The superhero reboot has raked in $140 million since opening last Tuesday.
The Amazing Spider-Man, which debuted earlier in some foreign countries, has also raked in a total of more than $201 million internationally.
The previous box office champ, Ted, finished the weekend in second place, raising $32.6 million.
Oliver Stone’s latest film, Savages, premiered in the fourth spot, with $16.2 million.
The concert documentary Katy Perry: Part of Me was a flop in eighth place, with just $7.2 million. The behind-the-scenes look at Katy Perry’s most recent tour has made $10.3 million since arriving in theaters last Thursday.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales:
1. The Amazing Spider-Man, $65 million
2. Ted, $32.6 million
3. Brave, $20.2 million
4. Savages, $16.2 million
5. Magic Mike, $15.6 million
6. Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection, $10.2 million
7. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, $7.7 million
8. Katy Perry: Part of Me, $7.2 million
9. Moonrise Kingdom, $4.6 million
10. To Rome with Love, $3.5 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio