Report: Lindsay Lohan Plans to Sue Alleged Hit-and-Run Victim

Entertainment

0  Updated at 1:35 am, September 24th, 2012 By: ABC Digital
Share This Story

Stefania D’Alessandro/Getty Images for amfAR(NEW YORK) — Lindsay Lohan plans to sue the man who’s accused her of striking him with her car in New York City last week.

According to TMZ.com, Lohan plans to file a defamation lawsuit against 34-year-old Jose Rodriguez, the alleged victim in her hit-and-run case.  The Mean Girls star’s Porsche turned toward a crowd near the Dream Hotel in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood last Wednesday when she allegedly struck Rodriguez.

TMZ reports Lohan believes she may lose work because of a comment Rodriguez made that she smelled of alcohol at the time of the incident.  Police have said alcohol was not a factor in the alleged accident.

Lohan reportedly has told those close to her, “I’m tired of people lying just to score a quick paycheck.”

Following the incident, she was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of an accident.

Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Singer Chris Cornell hanged himself, medical examiner says

18 May 2017

Madison Park, Keith Allen and Andreas Preuss, CNN

Local ballet dancers, orchestra hosting free concert in Rexburg

23 May 2017

Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com